Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, August 27, 2018

Week 57 Tamale

Another transfer has gone by! Wow, I can't believe how fast this transfer went by! So mind blowing! Elder Mbithi and I are still kicking it in Tamale. We will serve 4 transfers as companions.  I think this next transfer will go by very fast as well.  We are going to make 2 trips down to Kumasi during it, so things will go by fast!
  
Anyway, this week was cool, and like I said, it went by so fast!  We had the Tamale Zone Conference this week.  Our Mission President gave us a challenge to make sure that we are talking to at least 10 new people each day.  Not teaching them, just at least talking to them!  My companion and I have really been using it in our finding.  We were able to find a new area within our area and contact a lot of Christians as well!  There’s a big Catholic Church right there so all of them are Christians hahaha! Things get a little interesting right away when we start talking about the Godhead.  We are just working on a time to go back and teach them and try to get them to church.

Me and Mbithi at Zone Conference

I went on an exchange this week and got to teach a Muslim man that is progressing towards baptism in an area. This man’s nephew had died earlier that day, so he wasn't having a good day. I mean what else do we teach other than the Plan of Salvation at that moment?  It teaches perfectly about Christ and the Resurrection. It was so cool!  After we taught and bore testimony, everyone was just quiet and you could feel the spirit.  All he said was, "My day is so much better."  It was a sweet experience!  After that he took us to a Muslim traditional wedding.  It was soooooo wild!  I was working with another American missionary named Elder DeVires.  They had a big dance circle with like traditional drums! They came and were banging their drums at us trying to get us to go in and dance and make a "donation."  Ha!  But we didn't.  I was thinking about going in there and showing them the American version of a dance circle hahah!

This Cow was in Our Compound for Our Neighbors Eid Celebrations! (Eid is a Muslim Holy Day)

This week in Companion Study Elder Mbithi and I were talking and he shared with me a scripture that I really love. 

1 Nephi 21:14-16

"14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me-but he will show that he hath not.

15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Isreal.

16 Behold, I have engraven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."

That is a pretty straight forward scripture. We may forsake the Lord, but He will never forsake us! Never!

I hope life is cool wherever you people are! 

Elder Turner

Elder Lino is Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...