Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, September 3, 2018

Week 58 Tamale

Another fast week here in Tamale!  It’s week one of transfer number 10 and Elder Mbithi and I had a CRAZY week out in the area.  It's just been POURING rain and all of the roads are just RIVERS! Ahahahah… RED, MUDDY RIVERS Ha! Every night we come home and wash our shoes, pants and shirts.  It’s just wild. People here are suffering from it in this area.  Our area is called Rice City.... It’s perfect conditions to grow rice.  It’s nothing but a waterlogged area.

We also had an exchange this week to a biking area on a rainy day.  All that rain and mud made the back of my shirt BROWN!  It looked like I fell in a puddle of mud. I wish I had a picture but sadly I don't. 



The Roads in Tamale After Rain!

Elder Mbithi and I had a crazy good week of finding people.  We used the Book of Mormon and were rolling with it!  We talked to so many different people this week that just had us laughing! The best was a woman pastor.  She said "I'm already in Christ go talk to a Muslim."   We asked her, “Do you think you know everything about Christ?”  She said, "OF COURSE!"  We showed her the Book of Mormon and she slammed her door.  It was soooo funny!  I wanted to tell her she doesn't know 5 things about Christ.  Also we talked to a “traditional” man. Basically they do traditional things like with their whole outfit and dance to praise God.  That was also pretty wild.  He was telling us how we are pastors because my companion and I both wear CTR rings on our index finger.  He explained how every finger has like some significance if you wear your ring on it. That was interesting.  Anyway, we found a lot of cooooool people though. Now we just need to follow up!

This week I was talking to a missionary, he was telling me about the first couple of months of his mission and how he was super apostate and like wanted to go home soooooo bad. So I just asked him like what made him change. He shared two scriptures that he decided to read everyday when he woke up; Matthew 11:8-30 and Doctrine and Covenants 58:42:43. Some pretty powerful scriptures.. The key is to come unto Christ and take his yoke upon us...... life will be ok. 

Anyway, this week was good.  We are going to MLC this week so we will be out of the area for 3 days.  Bummer.  Life’s chill and Elder Mbithi and I are having fun serving the Lord!


Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...