Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, November 12, 2018

Week 68 Kumasi

Well people…what a crazy week out here in Ghana. I'm telling you the time is just flying. Everyday just seems to race by! 

This week the work went really really well.  At the beginning of the week my companion and I just stacked 15 Books of Mormon on the desk and said, “That’s how we are gonna roll this week.”  So that's what we did. We went out with the Book of Mormon and that's it. We had some funny conversations! "A BIBLE!!! HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANOTHER BIBLE!?!" HAHAHA so funny.  Some dude was yelling in the middle of the road.  I was just trying to hold back my laughter. It is super fun, like way fun to see how people react when we pull out a Book of Mormon from our scripture bags. I love it!  Nothing makes me happier than when someone tells me that they will read it. We didn't make our goal of 15 but we got pretty darn close! We had this pastor come up to us and tell us to stop messing around with his people! HAHA! He says there are so many other souls out there and I said that his people are some! haha! He told us, “I just can't believe your doctrine!”  Then he went on about how many miracles he's preformed in his life. It was hard not to laugh. His intensity was out of the world! I love proselyting with the Book of Mormon!!!!

Obri fell a little sick and was in and out of the hospital this week. We didn't get to see him at church on Sunday but are still hoping he comes around! This week we had a guy named Evans call us.  He got a pamphlet from us weeks ago so we went and visited him even though he really only speaks Twi.  When we arrived our ward Relief Society President was already there! Divine Design! We had a really good lesson and he came to church! He was well fellowshipped by the ward members!  We’re hoping for a return!  We also have a man named Fredrick that is progressing quite well towards baptism. He has two buddies in our ward so we are praying for him as well.

Today, for P-Day, we pulled up at the rinky-dink Kumasi Zoo! hahah Quite possibly the best zoo I've been to! Not! It’s so ghetto! They have this elephant that just roams around in the park. Today it was in it’s cage but it was still fun. They have some chimps and things that were doing some cool flips for bananas haha! Straight back flips! It was so tight!  One would go to the back of his cage and bob up and down to pump us up!  Then he’d run up and toss the smoothest back flip and immediately hold his hand STRAIGHT out for a banana! It was a blast!!! 











This week I was reading another Liahona about Adversity.  Think of the primary song "The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock."  Notice how the rains tumble down on both houses.  Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ doesn't mean you escape the trails of life.  It gives you confidence to endure them!!  A gem or a diamond is created by the friction or force that goes against it.... what does it turn out to be?  A gem!  Adversity makes us become "perfected in Christ"


Elder Turner




No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...