Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, August 21, 2017

Week 3 Techiman


Well, week 3 was good! I got out into the field safely! My trainer is named Elder Mbithi, From Kenya! He’s a funny guy! He also can cook! Hahaha! so that’s good! We are in a place called Techiman in the Dwumoh 2 area.




A little about this place... It constantly smells. The streets have shops all over like Canal Street in New York City, and there is constant music playing. What’s nice is, notice my area is Dwumoh TWO. That means we have two areas in Dwumoh, and ours is in the residential area, so it’s quiet. 

We also got here and our area book was completely empty, like not a single new investigator haha! So we've been trying to build that up, and actually having some good success. We already have 6 new investigators with baptismal dates.

A little more about Dwumoh, the branch has 100 members, so I was expecting church to have like 70 people haha! We went to church and it only had about 30 people!  Our goal by the end our the transfer is to have about 70 people attend church.

The kids here call me OBRUNI, that means white. The place I’m in is a small town, so most of the kids haven’t even seen a white person before. They constantly come to touch my skin, its nuts!  It’s nice though because I use the kids to get to the parents to share them a quick message and talk about the restoration.



Anyway this place is crazy, but one day I’ll be able to say I lived in Techiman, Ghana!

Love you all! Sorry the email is so short!

Elder Turner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...