Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, October 15, 2018

Week 64 Transferssssss

Touchdown in Kumasi!  This was a crazy week.  I feel like I just finished a month of my mission within one week!  We had so much going on! 


Saying Goodbye to President Gakpo and Michael

Elder Morisho

The Missionaries Leaving Tamale

Well, ya.... Transfers happened.  I left Tamale on Tuesday.  It was not easy! The only thing I honestly hate about missions is leaving an area.  Even when you feel you are just ready to get out, its still super hard.  So yeah, leaving Tamale was not an easy thing!  But we came down to Kumasi and everything went smoothly.  Wednesday is when the transfers started going down.  I showed up to the stake center where it was happening and someone just handed me the transfer sheets for the entire mission and told me to get people to where they needed to go. I just said "WOW!"..... Wednesday felt like 4 days!! Hahaha! Lo and behold, I found myself in a zone called ASOUYEBOA (pronounced ah-see-you-bwah).  I’m still serving as a ZL. 

Kumasi

Elder Buhler and I

My new companion is named Elder Buhler from Herriman, Utah.  He’s a cool guy and a super hard worker, which I'm happy about.

This will be a good area judging by with how our 4-day week went.  On Thursday we went out to proselyte…. ON BIKES!!!!!!!!!! Riding bikes in Africa is CRAY!  Our area is massive so we gotta use them.  The roads are eroded away with rocky ruts like cliffs.  I'm in pain right now hahah!  But we got right to work. We just went to see all of the progressing investigators in the area and found a lot of new ones. We were able to find 8 new investigators in the 4 days we had to work this week. Surprisingly, all of them understood English, which is amazing in Kumasi.  Most everyone speaks mainly Twi.  We also had 7 people come to church. So our area is progressing nicely. The members of the Abuakwa Ward are sooooo awesome.  We had like 85 people at sacrament. That's the most I've seen at church since the MTC.  Hahahah!  Everything here is going well in Abuakwa!!

This week I was able to read in Jacob. I love Jacob so much. Chapter 4 is nice. I just love when Jacob says:

"Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, But to take counsel from his hand, For behold ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works"

Don't just tell him what He’s not doing for you, maybe ask him for what you are doing wrong??? OR maybe what you need to do to receive a certain blessing?? 

Anyway people, life is going well in Kumasi. Just living it here.


Elder Turner 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...