Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, October 23, 2017

Week 13 Techiman

WOWZA! The fact that I just wrote week 13 blows my mind! I'm also almost done with my training! This transfer(in 2 weeks) will be crazy!! My companion and I came and white washed an area, so we came together to Dwumoh. So we don't know who will go or what! I always joke with him and tell him he'll stay in Techiman for the rest of his mission. He gets bugged cause its the hard area in the mission. Anyway! This week was good! We had some long hours! 

Our progressing investigators have been struggling to get baptized. We have 3 that are ready to be baptized Brother Asante, Daniel, and Kwame. They are all ready and prepared to be baptized, but they all have family issues. In Ghana, religion is a huge part of their life. So their family and girlfriends all want them to come to their church, when they know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. It’s very hard because as a missionary your main goal is baptism. With these guys, we've done everything we can to prepare these guys for baptism. Now its up to them to find a way to let their families let them be baptized. It's cool to think that we've at least converted these three guys to the Church. It's sad to think that one thing is preventing them from being baptized. So we hope that we can get them baptized within the next two or three weeks. 



Dwumoh Chapel

The food is good here. Somewhat... Lets just say we can get it down. I don't exactly crave it haahahha! But it’s ok. Something that's gross here is Cow skin. I tried to eat it but I immediately spit it out and luckily the investigator wasn't there, cause I threw it in the bush! ahhaha!  The food is ok! 

We got into it with a Jehovah Witness pastor twice this week. The first time I was on exchange with our Zone leaders.  We went and sat down on his porch and he got right into telling us how our gospel isn't true and what we teach isn't true. No matter what you say this guy will try to say its wrong.  Everything that he said we confounded him as well and still wouldn't believe hahaha.  So the second time my companion wanted to meet him. I told him I wasn't gonna say a word cause no matter what you say you won't convince him.  We went in again and the exact same thing happened. It got to a point where I just stood up and left!  I wont be going there again!

Something that stood out to me this week was 2 Nephi 32:3-5. Man those scriptures are sweet! Basically what it tells you is to feast upon the words of Christ and have the Holy Ghost and they'll tell you all things what you should do!

Everyone please go read them! I know that if you apply what it says you'll see the blessings! 

I hope everyone is doing well! I love all of you! 
Elder Turner


Some of my favorite kids, Brighter and Savior



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...