Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 12 Techiman

Man!  Everything this week was good!  I mean I had a tiny head cold, but everything about the work and missionary life was good!  What makes this week so good is Elder Mbithi and I have been getting a lot of new good solid investigators!  What makes it even better is they've been referrals.... from other investigators!  hahaha! Seriously!! We have this investigator named Frank Owusu.  He's given us 3 referrals that are all powerful referrals!  Some of them even came to church! This week we also put on an open house on Saturday. It was sweet!  We got all of our investigators in the Techiman Zone and went to our chapel.  We played The Restoration and showed them around our chapel and had refreshments after.  It was a solid time!

We have an Investigator named Brother Asante. We prepared this guy for baptism and on his baptismal date he postponed on us because his mother won't let him be baptized. It's been almost two weeks since he was supposed to be baptized.  We taught him about agency and the gift to choose, since then he decided to travel to where his mother stays which is 3 hours away and talk to her in person about the baptism.  When we were sitting down with him, he even told us that he KNOWS that the church is true and the Book of Mormon is true!  It breaks my heart cause this man has a desire to be baptized and the only thing holding him back is his mother. OH YA, I forgot to mention he's a grown man with 2 kids and a wife as well.  So I hope that his mother will soften her heart and let Brother Asante be Baptized.

Our branch in Dwumoh is sweet!  Elder Mbithi and I and Elder Gohi and Elder Evans (the other companionship in our branch) have been working a ton with less-active members.  Every week we have more and more less active members come to church!  It makes me so happy to watch them walk into church! 

Our Mission President, President Cosgrave told all of us as missionaries to read Alma 5, and to go through the questions it asks.  The questions are powerful. They make you get personal with yourself about the gospel!  My favorite verses are 37 and 60. In verse 37 it says that the lord has called after those who are wicked, but that the Lord is still calling after them.  He wants them to come back to his fold he doesn't give up on us. Verse 60 talks about how all we have to do is harken unto the Lords voice and we will be his sheep.  Man this chapter is so sweet!  I invite all those who decided to actually read this weekly letter, to read Alma 5 and really evaluate yourself with the questions that are asked. Also to remember that if you find you aren't doing so hot, that the Lord is still calling after you, he hasn't given up on you and won't give up on you! 

I love you all. I hope you read Alma 5! I hope everything is well with everyone! 


Elder Turner

Doing some laundry in Africa, baby!



Andy and Mayfia

Teaching a "Muslim"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...