Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Week 96 Kumasi

Yo!  What a crazy week.  I can't believe how fast it went by! A lot went on this week for my companion and I.  We were country travelers this week! From one end of the country to the other! 

We started off this week going up to Tamale for a Zone conference!  6 hours up. Nice way to start up the week! Ha! Tamale was great!  I saw some of the members from Tamale when I was up there!  It was crazy to say bye to a lot of those people! Zone conference went well. The next day we set off to Sunyani for another conference then we headed on down to Berekum to say good bye to a bunch of people there as well. This week was just a week of goodbyes! I forgot, I also passed through Techiman and said bye to some people there! Not easy... 

The Gakpo Family from Tamale

 The conferences all went well. We had an amazing opportunity to go to Accra! Accra is just a completely different place than anywhere in the Kumasi Mission! We went down there because we got invited to a Missionary Devotional with Elder D. Todd Christofferson, Bishop Causse, and Elder Vinson.  Also the Area Presidency was there.... 6 General Authorities in one room.  Shaking their hands was funny. I was telling all the Elders walking by to go and Shake their hands "Clean hands, pure heart" haha! The devotional was just absolutely amazing. So much learned. 

Elder Otkopa giving me a lift!


Me and Elder Stapley


We also got to roll over to the Temple.  Spending time in the Temple was a dream come true. It’s been such a long time since I’ve been there. You don't realize how amazing it is till you haven't gone for a while! Once again, so much learned! It's just a peaceful place! No problems inside. 





Well, the big message I got this week was just about the mission of the Apostles. Those men have a pretty big load to take care of. It really isn't just a walk in the park for them! They need people to help! That's why we have everyone else:) it was just amazing. 

This week, we got absolutely zero time in our area which is sad. Our pool is still there and people are still progressing! So that’s sweet!  This week should be a lot better. I have a little amount of time left to work with so I’m trying my best! 

Some one-liners from the Devo...

"A heart full of gratitude invites the spirit" - Elder Christofferson

"The Lord loves a grateful heart" - Elder Christofferson

"When you work with one person, you need to see behind them." ( referring to the veil) - Bishop Causse

There were many more! 

Anyway, Love you all! 

Elder Turner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...