Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, February 4, 2019

Week 80 Berekum

80 weeks in Ghana. Wow. I can't believe it. This week was just another typical fast week.  We spent some time in Sunyani for our Zone Conference.  It was another good one!!  The discussion focused on obedience, which is typical for a Zone Conference in West Africa... hahaha! But in all seriousness, we also talked about miracles and the promptings of the spirit. It was great!

Us with our Mission President at Zone Conference

Because of Zone Conference and traveling we didn't have a ton of time to find in our area but somehow we got some new people in our teaching pool.  Clifford is still progressing rapidly. Sammy is still on a quest to finish the Book of Mormon. Everyone is doing great in the teaching pool!

The Berekum Branch is doing well.  There are some things to improve on but they are still grinding it out, trying to build Zion out here. 

The Berekum Branch Mid Week Meeting

This is the set up inside our Branch President's home for our Sunday Services.

Oh yeah, I found out that for this transfer I am  leaving the area. They didn't give me any details, just told me I should prepare to move!  Sad!  I love Berekum! I was kind of expecting it though!  Change is a normal part of mission life I guess! 

This week I was just thinking about promptings from the Holy Ghost.  If you are receiving a prompting from the spirit, it's probably just a "what to do" type prompting.  A lot people ask us why they are seeing missionaries in dreams or “Why did I see the church in my dreams??”  Most of the time Heavenly Father doesn’t give us specific reasons as to why we receive promptings.  He just expects us to follow his council and act on it.  Anyway.... Just a thought.... Life is way easier when you just do what the Holy Ghost is telling you to do.

Have a great week.... 
Elder Turner



ELDER ELIJAH T. TURNER
GHANA KUMASI MISSION


Clifford is the one in the blue shirt with glasses

Members of the Berekum Branch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...