Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, February 11, 2019

Week 81 Kumasi

Another transfer has come and I have left Berekum..... It is a sad story but a funny thing happened as well. I hope you can see it in a video with my new companion. 

Leaving the members in Berekum was rough and it totally sucked. I will miss that branch and having Sunday worship services in a house. President Ofosuhene almost called our mission President to get me to stay... I guess I just feel super blessed to be apart of the "pioneers" in Berekum.  I know that place will eventually be a district with how the members minister and how they get trained. 

A quick update on Clifford back in Berekum… Clifford is now jobless. He had a job that was preventing him from being baptized. Ok, let me just throw it out. Clifford was an anti-Christ, and an online scammer when we met him.  We found out that he was supporting himself and his siblings with this job.  As he studied the gospel of Jesus Christ he began praying and felt he needed to stop scamming so he could be baptized.  So he quit his job with barely enough money to manage for a couple of weeks to be baptized.  I just found out he has a job opportunity and he possibly will be baptized this coming week. YES! Super happy. 

My new area is Daban 1, in a ward in Kumasi.  My new companion is Elder Garrett. We have been talking about being companions our whole mission and it came true!!!  He is from Syracuse, Utah and just a funny guy.  You'll be seeing more of that. Don't worry!! Hahaha!

When the call came that said I would be transferred this week I was told that I would be traveling alone.  I was by myself and my bus broke down in the middle of nowhere.  I had one bar of service on my phone but I managed to contact Elder Garrett.  He came to the rescue and picked me up. What a lifesaver!  Together we will be serving as Assistants to President Webster.  So we are freaking busy! 

Life is crazy! I love my mission. Thanks to everyone for the support. Just remember the three alters in your life (the Sacrament, Endowment, and Sealing).  Be at every single one and you'll never get lost.....  


ELDER ELIJAH T. TURNER

GHANA KUMASI MISSION

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...