Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, January 28, 2019

Week 79 Berekum

Wow. What fast week! I can't believe another week has gone by! So wild! The time is just a blur.... 

This week we were a little busy traveling for interviews.  Elder Brown and I had to travel an entire day for one interview! We went to an area called Kenyasi.  The road to get there is half dirt.  The cars have no AC so you gotta have the windows down. I don't think I've ever seen a white shirt so dusty in my entire life until that trip. When my companion and I got back to our area in the evening, we had to run back to the apartment and get some new white on!

A little update on our teaching pool… The “Traditionalist” from a couple weeks ago is still working with us. His name is Sammy and he came to church this week and loves it!  Hahaha!  We were walking around the town with him and three people told us that they were in shock that we even got the guy to come to church!

Clifford Osei (our man formerly known as Korihor) is doing soooo well. He is the head of the household over his brothers and sisters.  Both his parents have passed away and he is responsible for everything like school fees and such.  He wanted us to teach his family so bad! We taught them a lesson and we are praying that they all come! That would be amazing! Clifford is such a cool guy! We have a couple of more part member families that we are trying to wrap up. Two members in our branch had us teach their children while they are having a long break from school.  We didn't have a lot of time this past week for finding because of all the traveling. 

This week I was studying a lot about the Holy Ghost and how we can be more open and have the influence of The Holy Ghost in our Lives. I was listening to Henry B. Eyring’s talk in April of Last year. He teaches a very very simple way of receiving the Holy Ghost. Oddly enough it's just about the same thing President Nelson taught. Most importantly is to be Humble, Pray, and Obedient.  That’s the easiest way I think! 

Sorry for a short email!! 


ELDER ELIJAH T. TURNER

GHANA KUMASI MISSION



Clifford's Cat


This is where I sleep when we come up to Sunyani!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...