Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, January 7, 2019

Week 76 Berekum

2019 huh? I can't even believe it and it got off to a pretty good start!! 

This week, we had a lot of time OUT of the area! The whole first part of the week we were just dealing with stuff for transfers! Oh yah… Transfers were this week! It went over well! My new companion is Elder Ezra Brown from Accra, Ghana! The guy is an absolute STUD!  I love making the guy laugh! But for real, he has a sweet desire to do the work. So yeah, transfers went over well and everything went smooth! 

The little time we did spend in the area was cool. We had so much stuff to catch up on.  We have a lot of people we are teaching right now so we wanted to see all of them and introduce Elder Brown.  We also spent time showing him the area and meeting the members. The people in the little Berekum Branch are happy to see Elder Brown. They love him! So it's nice to see that they are enjoying having the missionaries serving in the Branch! 

Elder Brown, Patrick (our Branch President's son that just returned from his mission) and me!

Like I said we had a small amount of time in our area. The time that we did have we were just running around trying to meet with as many people as we could! We met with one of our investigators, Isaac, at his work place. By the time we finish our lessons with him he understands what we’ve taught perfectly. Then when we leave he just gets railed by his co-workers. It's actually pretty ridiculous.

There is also a girl named Esther.......... Esther doesn't like the missionaries at all! I asked "why?" she just told me cause what we teach is so different to anything she has heard before. Hahahah!!  I told her that was true.  The message of the Restoration of Christ’s Church on the earth is very different from what they have been taught. If the people we teach actually think about it, read the stuff we give them and pray they'll find out that what we teach isn't all that different and it is the TRUTH!

Esther also had a huge problem with the Book of Mormon and wouldn't even take it from us.  So I asked her if we could read a couple of scriptures with her.  After each verse I'd ask her if she thought it contradicts anything in the Bible. So I gave her a couple of verses in 3 Nephi 11 and of course she said that nothing contradicts.  She still was so heated.  I just didn't understand why! hahaha!  I asked her what it was she wanted to hear from us and she said "The Gospel."  I couldn't help but just laugh.... It’s so sad.... I know that one day she will find out the truth and look back and say just say, "wow!" 

It’s kinda crazy how missionary work is. Some people you meet are just funny. We keep praying for Isaac to find new work. 

We had tons of people disappoint us for church this week. We also had a lot of people surprise us! We had a family that was a referral that didn’t really ever seem very serious. So we didn't spend any time teaching them. They just decided to show up for church! One lady in the family is 98 years old! Wow!  Still going strong! It was cool! 

We also are preparing some people for their baptism this week so that’s nice! Berekum is the Ghana Kumasi Mission Paradise!

This week I was reading in Alma 32 about Faith. Some of the best words in that chapter are; "experiment" and "exercise."  These are perfect action words for Faith!!! I love, love, love when those words are mentioned in that chapter! 

What a good week! Got another good week planned. Time’s flying... Things are good. 


Elder Turner

I found these sweet, stylish jeans in the apartment!

Me with Elders Garrett and Barron

Elder Blanchard and my old comp Buhler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...