Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, January 14, 2019

Week 77 Berekum

Another week, another email, I can't believe that I'm already writing another weekly. I have to wonder how many people actually read these! Hahaha! 

This week was a good one!  My companion and I met a lot of different types of people.  So many people told us so many different things!  I hope I can get it all in one email! 

We met with Isaac from last week.  This week we decided to teach him about The Book of Mormon. He told us his Pentecostal pastor warned about books that people shouldn't read literally two days before we met with him. The very first book that his pastor said the congregation shouldn't read was The Book of Mormon!  We told him about it and he was a little confused as to why his pastor would warn them not to read it.  I had him read Moroni 10, which told him that he should read it! haha! 

Another guy we met was named Sammy. Sammy was asking us about God. Then he went on the rant about how he is a “Traditionalist!”  Basically, they worship their ancestors in shrines and have their little fetish people. So interesting and wild! So we just propounded about the nature of the Godhead! He was so interested that he even came to church yesterday. The reason he started his traditions is because of how apostate other churches seemed to him. He was even telling us about some of the rituals that he does......... sooooo scary! Yikes! He wants to stop them. He even swears that he sees his dead ancestors. Wild! He came and said that he loves the feeling at church! 

We met a man yesterday that literally was Korihor in Alma chapter 30. We were at a members house and this guy starts going off how there is no Christ!  If you read Chapter 30 of Alma it has some of the EXACT same questions this guy was asking us.  And some of our EXACT answers too!  Finally Elder Brown and I asked him a thousand questions that he had to seriously think about. He believes in a creator and nothing else. He doesn't even think that God talks to us anymore. We invited him to pray to see if God will give him a small sign that he is there. 

We had two baptisms this week! Eric Appiah and Isaac Antwi. We also got to take part in some “child of record” baptisms.  It was so sweet!  The service was very, very, very nice! All went smoothly! 

Anyway! What a great week here in Berekum! No pictures this week. My computer network is not working too well.  Hopefully next week! 

ELDER ELIJAH T. TURNER
GHANA KUMASI MISSION


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...