Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, December 31, 2018

Week 75 Berekum

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

It is so crazy how the year has gone, just like that!!! 2018 is in the books! 2019 is getting underway. It's just crazy to say the year 2019. The most important word is "Remember" for sure. So just remember the good, growing moments in 2018 and use them throughout the next year!

This week was a great one! Christmas is always a day to remember in Ghana. We don't have anything out here that is really “christmasy”!  There aren’t lights or decorations or many Christmas trees or snow! Ha!  It’s just a little different day when all you really have is to remember the Savior and be with family.  But I have to say that overall this Christmas was a great day!  Elder Morisho and I were invited to our Branch President’s home for dinner. We had a great time!

Elder Morisho, President Ofosuhene and Me!

This is Danny our Branch Clerk with Me and Elder Morisho

This week had some really good days! We've been a little busy moving from Sunyani to Berekum, going back and forth.  This was a week of trying to catch up on the work!  We even got three nice referrals! We taught some solid lessons, which was cool.

But......... We did have one day............ the most insane day I've ever had as far as teaching. We taught 4 lessons.  It felt like all four were borderline Bible bashes!! hahaha! One “PASTOR” was claiming that we don't have to be baptized anymore. He said Jesus Christ is the water of Life and he was baptized for us! Whoa! One guy refused to believe that the Holy Ghost does not always strive with men. I asked him if the Holy Ghost would follow him into a club and he didn't say a word!  Another had a difficult time believing that Jesus established only one true church, while the last had a hard time understanding that His one and true church was taken from the Earth! He even said that the Holy Ghost was the replacement for his Foundation of the church!  ALL IN ONE DAY!!!  Kinda funny huh?  Elder Morisho and I couldn't do anything but laugh at the end of it all..... HAHA! 

When people lack knowledge of the Book of Mormon and the fullness of the Gospel they will begin to ask themselves these questions. That’s why it is so important for everyone to read the Introduction and apply it. Truly! 

"We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true."

It should be the mission of every member in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know it’s hard back home in everyday life.  I know I’ll have a hard time too but its gotta be done. 

This week I started to read New Testament.  It’s something I've never really focused on before. I thought I'd give it a try and it seems to be going over well!! 

Happy New Year everyone! 

Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...