Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, November 26, 2018

Week 70 Berekum

Another successful transfer!! I can't believe I'm in my 6th area!  It just absolutely blows my mind!  All things went well during the transfer and even during this first week things were good! 

Like I said last week, my new companion is Elder Morisho! He is from the DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo) and one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet! Although Elder Morisho is my companion, I wasn't with him at all this week in our area. Elder Smith knows Berekum a little bit so he was showing me the ways in town.  Man, our area is HUGE.  My companion and I have an entire town to cover! Ha! So it'll be sweet! 

Berekum is just so awesome! I don't know what it is but I just feel everyone is so prepared to hear the gospel message in that area. Everyone we talk to wants to know more about the church and the church is very new to the town. People just want to know about it! Our Branch president is an absolute stud! President Ofuso-Hene! He's a big guy and the police commander of the entire town so everyone knows who he is! Everyone! It’s so awesome! Our first day at his house he gave us amazing referrals and told us to work on those then he would give us more! He should have his own tag!  He’s just about the greatest missionary ever! If you haven’t read the talk I mentioned last week take the time to read it this week.  It’s an inspiring story that shows the power of the Book of Mormon. Amazing!

Our branch is very young. We don't have an official place to worship. We just worship in President Ofuso-Hene’s home. There is a sweet spirit there!  People love it also! haha! All three hours!  We had 4 investigators come this week and they were all referrals!  The members are so enthusiastic about the church right now! I mean, new branch and everything. 

This week I was reading about the stripling warriors. I love reading about them and seeing as how they were described. All of them were young and just studs. They were true in everything, had faith, courage, and determination.  Everything about them was inspiring. They were so amazing that not even one of them died! Crazy, huh?

Anyway, our apartment is defiantly ready for the holidays! We bought like 10 strings of Christmas light and put them up.  So we are ready to celebrate the birth of the Savior!!

Love you all and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! 

Elder Turner



Here is that conference talk again by Elder Curtis:

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/there-is-power-in-the-book?lang=eng


The final goodbye with Elder Mbithi

The last goodbye to Elder Mbir who is going home to Cape Coast

Me with Brother Otuo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...