Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 69 Kumasi

Well!! Another transfer has passed by! I’m going back to the bush! Yes, the transfer news came on Friday after a stake president meeting. President Webster pulled me into a room and told me I was going to be released to go and open a branch in a place called Berekum (pronounced bray-coom). It's in the Brong-Ahafo region. I can't wait!! I've heard the branch president is amazing!! His name is Nicholas Ofosu-Hene.  He was the subject of a conference talk called “There is Power in the Book” given by Elder LeGrand R Curtis Jr. in October 2016. So that will be awesome!!  I can’t wait to serve along side him to help this new little branch grow.  My new companion is Elder Morisho.  I lived in an apartment with him when I was serving in Nkawkaw.  It will be amazing to serve together.

This week went by super fast after I got that transfer news. The hardest part of leaving an area is saying bye to all the members and investigators I got to know! 

I can't wait to go and serve in Berekum! It is a small town in the western part of the Kumasi Mission.  I guess the key to growing this branch will be the use of Book of Mormon!! We just gotta flood the earth with it!!

I'm super short on time this week! Love to you all! 

Elder Turner

Me with my new companion, Elder Morisho


Here is the conference talk by Elder Curtis:

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/there-is-power-in-the-book?lang=eng


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...