Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, December 3, 2018

Week 71 Berekum

Well, what a week out here in Berekum. The Christmas season is coming up and everything is leading up to some miracles just before Christmas!!  

To be honest, I'd say this was the most successful week of my mission by far! My companion, Elder Morisho, is the MASTER finder!!  The guy can just see  someone anywhere and just say, "lets go talk to this guy" and BAM, a new person being taught!  We were able to find 10 new people to teach this week and 7 of those came to church! Berekum is really progressing. 



This transfer the only thing that has been on my mind is to find a family! That is seriously the only thing that is on my mind. We had a little contacting session in our area and we found a man named Gyan. We taught him alone and he was very happy with our message. The questions he was asking were just amazing. He even started to shed some tears because of the joy he felt after learning about the Restoration.  After we taught him all was well and then he called over 3 kids that I'd say were just over the age of 8.  He introduced them as his children.  Elder Morisho just looked at me and smiled!! Hahahah! He told us he is interested in baptism so I guess we'll see what happens with Gyan!  But we are very excited about them!! 

We also have tons of part member families within the branch that we are looking to complete this transfer as well. So Berekum is just going well right now!

I've been studying the Book of Mormon almost everyday of my entire mission. I found an Elder in our zone had “Saints” the new church history book. So I asked him if I could borrow it! Reading that along side the Book of Mormon is the most amazing formula to building a testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith Jr. I'm telling you, the things that he went through were just amazing! So many trials and hardships and yet he never ever thought about denying what he had been experiencing. It's just such an amazing book to see how everything panned out!!! I'd highly recommend it! 

Anyway, I hope everyone is trying to “Light the World” wherever you are!


Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...