Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, October 29, 2018

Week 66 Kumasi

This was just about the best week of my mission so far! We had a mission tour this week with Elder Marcus B. Nash of the Quorum of the Seventy.  It was just absolutely amazing!  But before I get going about that, my companion and I had a pretty busy week as well!
  
This week Elder Buhler and I had two baptisms. I wrote about Otuo last week.  He was able to be baptized yesterday. We had a man named Joseph Awuah baptized as well. I came to meet him in this area and I did not know his story about how he was introduced to the church until I was with my district leader filling out a baptismal record. I asked him what first made him come to the Church? He told me he found a Pamphlet! So I had him explain the story to me.  He told me that he was just walking down the street and found and old, beat up pamphlet on the ground! It was about the Restoration.  He told me he read and followed the council in the pamphlet about praying to know the truth! He said that he got his answer right away. He came to the church and loved it and has never stopped!  Every week he brings a huge briefcase to church with only his pamphlets and his one Book of Mormon. When he told me that I was just in shock.  He showed me the old pamphlet and it had the names of missionaries from a completely different area on it! Kinda crazy!  The whole time we taught him I never knew! But yeah both baptisms were performed early Sunday Morning! 

Me, Joseph, Bother Otuo and Elder Buhler

Now, to the Mission tour.......... I have no Idea where to start!!! Elder Nash is just amazing! I guess the main topics he talked about were Integrity, Teaching, and Repentance!  He is a MASTER at teaching. He just breaks everything down so well. He knows the scriptures like the back of his hand and quotes them frequently. I was seriously amazed. His example just wants me to be able to teach like him!  He told us stories from when he was a missionary too.  Most of his side topics were the ones that really touched me and stood out to me!

One scripture he used that I really loved was Alma 36:24-27;

24 Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
25 Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my labors;
26 For because of the word which he has imparted unto me, behold, many have been born of God, and have tasted as I have tasted, and have seen eye to eye as I have seen; therefore they do know of these things of which I have spoken, as I do know; and the knowledge which I have is of God.
27 And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me.

Elder Nash said, "One day I hope I can be able to say something like this!"  He was just absolutely amazing, man!

My Companion and I with Elder Nash

Well, we also went out in the BUSH this week.  We went to a town called Bibiani, way out in the western region! I've now hit 7 of the 10 regions in Ghana!

On the Exchange in Bibiani.  We are riding in something called a "yellow yellow." It's a cross between a golf cart and a taxi!

I said goodbye to Elder Mbithi this week.  He will finish his mission in a few weeks and return to his home land of Kenya.  He said that he is happy to be going home but will miss the mission life and a soldier remains a soldier even after he removes his uniform.  What a wonderful missionary and great friend!

Me with Elder Mbithi in my first area! Til we meet again, Brother!


Yeah, this week was just really amazing!


Elder Turner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...