Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, November 5, 2018

Week 67 Kumasi

This was kind of a crazy fast week to be completely honest. It was just one of those weeks where like nothing "crazy" happens, just the normal missionary work. Seriously though, just a normal week. 

So, I guess there was an armed robber the other day just near our apartment. It was kinda funny because Elder Buhler and I were just walking home and right in front of us we saw a huge group of people running down the street with 4 guys carrying this one dude to the police station.  It was just one of those moments where you just look at your companion, shake your head and say "Africa.” So that happened. 

This week we were having some success teaching people this week. They seemed so serious at the time.  Ha! We planned on having like 9 investigators at church.  We were so pumped to see what was gonna happen at church. We got there and we had BAKO!  For those of you who don’t know Twi that means ONE. hahah! Closing our week we decided to just "reset" our teaching pool.  I stacked 15 Books of Mormon on my desk and we left our Bibles behind and just did some finding and teaching with the Book of Mormon.  That is what I did my entire time in my old area Tamale since nobody really believed in the Bible.

Something cool did happen this week.  An old man named Obri Yeboah called us over into a little bar and asked straight up if we are MORMONS!  I haven't been called a Mormon my entire mission.  I corrected him and told him who we were. He was kinda contesting with us.  I could tell he had read a lot of crazy doctrine about our church. He was a little crazy, but I knew he would read what we gave him. He told us, "I'm a professional.  I taught for 30 years at the University."  So I gave him a Book of Mormon and my companion was a little mad about it.  I just said to Elder Buhler, "He'll read, you watch."  The next day at 5:50 in the AM, BOOM, a call from Obri Yeboah.  So we answered and he told us he was "VERY interested".  We got to his house to see him and he was a completely different man.  It was almost that he was teaching us the Restoration! Hahahah!  I asked him to tell us how he feels about the religions around and all that. He just said he knows there is a true church and that it fell. BOOM! We had a great lesson. We are praying he can come to church.  He’s got some health problems but we are praying. He loves the Book of Mormon.

This story went along with my reading this week. I was reading about Alma And Amulek with Zeezrom. It’s a softening of the heart, you know?? 

I found an old Liahona in our apartment that had the 2009 conference in it.  I saw a talk by President Eyring called "Adversity."  That talk changed my entire view about Adversity. I would HIGHLY recommend giving it a read.  Then read Alma 7:11-13. Unreal.

ANYWAY, hope everything was dope this week! Halloween huh? No pictures this week my computer is being kind of sketchy.

SHOUT OUT TO MY MOM! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON THE 10TH! 

Elder Turner 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...