Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, October 22, 2018

Week 65 Kumasi National

Well folks, after 15 months of not playing golf, I pegged it up today at The Royal Golf Club in Kumasi. Man was it ROYAL and surprisingly not that bad. I've played worse before in my life. It was cool.  I hit my driver nice but my irons were chunky so... life is good. I had a caddy named MOSES!  But he didn't really speak like Moses. On the first hole I hit my driver.  I just piped it and Moses says, "THATS A GOSH DANG PRO SHOT!!!!"  Hahaha!  But he didn’t say gosh or dang.  

My Caddy, Moses!

Me and Elder Buhler

Elder Dearing was part of our threesome.  He and his wife go home soon.

Hole 18

18 Green

We had a lot going on this week. My companion and I found ourselves traveling a little bit for some meetings for a stake conference. Stake conference was cool! They had a lot of people rolling in. Also we were really only having enough time for the people that we were able to set appointments with.  We weren’t able to get much finding in. With the little that we had, we were able to teach a lot of people and help them. 

We have a man named Otou that we are teaching. He is amazing.  He is an older man with a family.  Everything that we teach him he applies and just loves it. He has been coming to church and progressing towards baptism. Last week though we told him that a Prophet has said if we read the Book of Mormon everyday our life will be better.  This week we went to go visit him and he literally told me everything there is to know about Nephi! hahah he loves Nephi! I asked him how he knew so much and he told us that he read the first 17 chapters in one week! Whoa! Like in Ghana that’s a miracle for real!  Usually people will read the 15 verses we give them, but 17 chapters?!!!  We were just like, “Dang, why?”  He said his life is better because of what we told him the previous week. WOW!!  So Otou is progressing towards baptism.  We also have another man named Joseph who is also right there with him! 

This week coming up we have Elder Nash of the Quorum of the Seventy coming to our mission for some meetings. I guess I get to conduct the mission tour!! YIKES! Anyone got any good welcoming jokes??  Elder Buhler and I are rolling to Bekwai this week in the western region of our zone so that should be dope as well. 

It was a great week overall.  I hope everything is going well for you people!!!

Elder Turner



After a nice big FM!

Hole 6



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...