Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, October 8, 2018

Week 63 Tamale

What a busy week here in Tamale! So much was just going on this week. There wasn't a time where we weren't doing something. 

The first thing we did was travel to Kumasi for MLC.  That was pretty sweet!  We were in the middle of our meetings and I saw twin sisters from my first area (Techiman) walk in, the Andohs.  They both have received mission calls to the USA, one to Alabama, the other to Georgia.  They were getting set apart as missionaries that day!! I got to assist in the setting aparts! It was amazing! haha! I loved it so much!

With Elder Mbithi in the Mission Home

Elder Banta is going HOME!


We learned a lot at MLC this week. I'd say most of my learning came from General conference! So amazing!  I was able to watch the first three sessions only because of the time change. How about 2 hour church?  That is a revelation for Ghana for sure.  Not only because of the sacrifice of 3 hours for the people here, but the chance they get to strengthen their homes! They need it and everyone needs it! 

I'd say the talks that touched my heart the most personally were M. Joseph Brough, Dieter F. Utchdrof, and of course, President Nelson’s. That’s just the first three sessions. I didn't get to watch the final. I'm sure there was some there. Oh and also Jeffrey R Holland’s as well. 

I can say so many things that came to my mind. Here are just a few.

·      We can do hard things.
·      Always be ready to do the will of the Lord. 
·      If you are holding a grudge, do something about it. 
·      Always remember you are a representative of Jesus Christ.
·      Remember what faith can do, even if its a little bit!
·      There is always hope. 
·      Christ is always there watching. 
·      Live a gospel centered life. 
·      Get on and Stay on the covenant path. 
·      Believe, Love, Do.
·      Always be a peace maker.
·      Always look to help someone. 

That is just some!

I'm also getting transferred.  I can't believe I am leaving Tamale.  I feel like I just got here, it’s so crazy.  I'll miss the people is Tamale.  I Love them!  I'm thankful for my time in Tamale. I don't know where I'm going for certain.  All I know is that I will still be serving as a ZL.  It will most likely be in KUMASI. Finally going to the city, maybe.

Well that’s my week!  Keep going over and over the conference talks!  You'll continue to learn from them!! 

ELDER TURNER


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...