Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, May 14, 2018

Week 42 Nkawkaw

Not a bad week out here in Ghana!  We had our Konongo Zone Conference this past week and that was cool!  It is always nice to get the whole zone together and see how everyone is doing.  We were able to instruct on how we can teach to have people commit.  It was interesting to see what we are all lacking in our teaching skills.  I think it was eye opening for all of us!

The Konongo Zone

Anyway this week was cool.  We found a very humble guy named Austin.  Man, he’s very humble and ready to learn because he doesn't know too much about anything.  He has been hearing to many different things about religion and is just confused and just doesn't really know what to do.  Sounds like someone I've heard of..... Hahaha!  He's a young guy, maybe early 20s and not very educated.  So we'll have to help him out a lot.  I think it'll be awesome!

Cloud Cover Most Days
  
Also, we had someone dodging us the past couple of weeks, Mary.  She’s young too, like 20 and hasn't been taught by us till this past week.  She’s been like running away, "always busy" you know?  Well we sort of forced a lesson on her Hahahah! It turned out to be a cool experience!  She loved it!  We asked if she wants us to come back and she said, “Of course!”  Hopefully, she reads the Book of Mormon.

Well. I was just reading in Helaman this week.  Chapter 5... the Usual.  It’s interesting when people say we are all saved by grace.  I just laugh and say in my mind "you don't understand."

10. …the Lord surely should come to redeem his people, but that he should not come to redeem them in their sins, but to redeem them from their sins. 

11. And he hath power given unto him from the Father to redeem them from their sins because of repentance;…

Whenever I read that I think of a pastor from Georgia or Alabama that says, "By just believing and grace we are saved!"  That’s true, ONLY if we are obedient to the laws and ordinances of the gospel!

Anyway, love you all! 
Elder Turner




Talking to the Family on Mother's Day



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...