Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, May 21, 2018

Week 43 Nkawkaw

Well, it was a wickedly fast week to say the least!  Kinda successful as well!  On Monday we had a phone call from our assistants telling us that we were going on an exchange with them on Thursday!  Man, the exchange was awesome!  We had a really successful day. What made the day the best is that there is a family called the Amankwahs in our branch.  They are the PIONEERS of this area. So the four of us decided to make dinner and to take it to them! Hahaha! So we did and it was AWESOME! They were very happy! 


Dinner with the APs and the Amankwahs

This week, as a companionship, we were able to pass out like 15 Books. So, that was great as well! 

We also had Missionary Sunday this week.  This is when the missionaries take over and conduct and give all the talks in Sacrament Meeting.  I pondered what to speak on for about 3 days and couldn't think of anything specific!  I can honestly say I had no idea what to speak about when I walked into Sacrament. Hahahah! So during the meeting i just felt like I needed to talk about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  So I read Luke 22:41-44, 3 Nephi 11:10-11, and Alma 7:11-13.  Then I asked the question of how these scriptures all apply to us daily.  Then I read Doctrine and Covenants 63:20, which was a scripture I found in that sacrament meeting!  If you read it you'll find the message I was trying to get across. (that’s an assignment to those that actually read this.)

It was a great week and we are looking forward to this coming Sunday.  We will be meeting with Elder Neil L. Andersen, Elder Ulysses Soares, Elder Larry S. Katcher and Bishop Christofer Waddel on Sunday as a mission! Crazy huh?! It should be cool!

Hope everything is cool where you are! 

Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...