Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 32 Obuasi

Well… This week had some Ups and Downs!  A lot of rain and an injured companion doesn't lead to a lot of success in the area. But we had a lot of good times this week.  One thing about having a companion who is going home is you have a lot of members that want you to come eat!  This last Sunday we had 4 members that wanted us to come over.  We had to reschedule some!  When you have a huge bowl of rice, then go straight to a big bowl of FUFU, you're living the Gospel of Missionary work... Enduring to the end...

Also this week we had a lot of focus just on three people.  Like I said, it rained a lot this week, so we had to find time to see those that we really needed to see. When it rains here in Ghana it’s near impossible to see people. The rain is insane!  The roads are all dirt so it’s so hard to walk on them because they all have a huge river down the middle. And SO much lightning!  Those three people we were seeing were Angela, Helena, and Mariam. All three were preparing for Baptism! Luckily, we got all the interviews and all the lessons we needed to teach in before this Saturday. We were able to baptize all three of them right before Elder Effiong goes home. That really made him happy! And me as well!!

Elder Effiong, Sofia, Helena, Miriam, Me, Angela, Shadrack and Isaac


The Asonkore Font

Like I said. This week wasn't that great in our area for finding or anything, other that Saturday. So I did a lot of studying conference talks. One that I loved was by Robert D. Hales. It was his last talk about Discipleship.  My whole life I thought you basically had to be an Apostle to be a Disciple of Jesus Christ... Not at all!  A “disciple” is someone who takes upon themselves the name of Jesus Christ and is baptized.  Elder Hales then talked about TRUE discipleship. He said that it’s someone who tries his or her best to become a Christ-like person. They try to be like Christ with every Fiber of their Being!  I just thought that was amazing!  All of us   can be Disciples of Jesus Christ.  We even sing about it in Primary;

As I have loved you,
Love one another.
This new commandment,
Love one another.
By this shall men know,
Ye are my DISCIPLES. 
If ye have love one to another.

My prayer is that all of us will strive to be more Christ-like and develop charity to become True Disciples of Jesus Christ!

Love you all!

Elder Turner 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...