Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, March 12, 2018

Week 33 HMMMMM....Wasn't expecting that!

Friday morning I got a call from President Cosgrave. He told me that I'm being transferred out of Obausi! He told me I have an assignment over in the Konongo Zone.  Konongo is 2 hours East of Kumasi.  He called me to be the Zone Leader over in the Konongo Zone! YIKES!  My heart was pumping!! Hahaha! Previously the night before, I had just prayed to be able to submit to the will of the Father more willingly!

Well, since that call came about, I just spent the rest of the week saying goodbye to members. I hate saying goodbye to members... It’s the only bitter part about this work. I'll miss Obuasi!  I didn't even make it to the golf course here!

After the Rain in Obuasi

Twins, Penny and Kakra

I just said goodbye to Elder Effiong today as well! It was crazy! "Killing" a missionary is not an easy task, mentally, out here.  It makes you think about and pray when your day is coming!  I hope and pray that he has success in his post-mission life in his home country of Nigeria.


Saying Good Bye to Elder Effiong

We also had District Conference this week with both Saturday and Sunday sessions.  They had an Area Seventy come!  I would tell you his name, but it’s an African name I'd never heard before!  Anyway, he was super funny and taught very well.  On Saturday we attended the Leadership sessions. I think it was the best advice he could have given the people here... he told them to USE THE HANDBOOKS! Hahaha!!!  That was literally all he talked about. This District Conference was awesome though!

The Obuasi District Center

This week I was doing some studying on prayer.  When Joseph Smith went to pray in the Sacred Grove, he was surrounded by a "thick darkness" that bound his tongue so that he couldn't speak!  Just as he was about to go under, he exerted all his power to call upon the Lord. You know the rest…. (See Joseph Smith-History in the Pearl of Great Price)

What allowed him to overcome the "Thick Darkness"? We can learn from Doctrine and Covenants 10:5.

"Pray Always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work."

Pretty self-explanatory right?

Love you all! Have a good week!
Elder Turner

Fresh Bread Every Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...