Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, January 29, 2018

Week 27 TRANSFERSSSSSSS


AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! First of all, 6 months on this mission! That’s cool. Also, I'm leaving Techiman:( It’s a bittersweet moment. Bitter because I have to say goodbye to a lot of friends and members I've made over these 6 months! So sad! But I'll be going to Obuasi. My new area is called Asonkore. When President Cosgrave called me he told me my next branch is struggling... hahaha GREAT! So he asked me to go try to help it. So we'll see how that is. My new companion will be Elder Effiong from Nigeria. He will be going home after this next transfer, so we'll also see how that goes haha! I really don't know what to expect this next transfer! I guess we'll see! 

Brother David

 Not much really happened this week, just a lot of stuff with transfers and preparing to go. I've known I've been going just not where till this week, so I've just been saying goodbye to all the members. Yesterday we went to a member named Brother David. He's our branch clerk, but hasn't been able to come for the past two transfers that I've been here. He was hit by a car! In the picture you can see his cast. But anyway yesterday we went and traveled about 30 minutes to go see him and it was powerful!!  We shared something small.  Before we ended he shared something with me before we left.  Something I'll NEVER ever forget!  He broke out Doctrine and Covenants 61:36-39! Man you guys gotta go read it, I almost broke down, I was choking up a little. 

36 And now, verily I say unto you, and what I say unto one I say unto all, be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you;

37 And inasmuch as you have humbled yourselves before me, the blessings of the kingdom are yours.

38 Gird up your loins and be watchful and be sober, looking forth for the coming of the Son of Man, for he cometh in an hour you think not.

39 Pray always that you enter not into temptation, that you may abide the day of his coming, whether in life or in death. Even so. Amen.

Anyway I've learned a lot here in Techiman. On a mission you can really look back and reflect on how much you’ve grown.  Techiman has made me a better man for sure. 

Anyway love you all! Wish me luck for transfers!

Elder Turner

Techiman Zone

A Chibomb (Fried egg on a roll)

Freida

Dwumoh Branch President Tony

Elder and Sister Wood






No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...