Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, February 5, 2018

Week 28 Obuasi


WELL, just another week here in the GKM.  It was a crazy week!  I made it down to Obuasi just fine.  Man, leaving Techiman was not fun!  Saying goodbye to all the members was not easy!  I hate saying goodbye!  I guess it’s a normal thing out here in the mission field. 

Elder Effiong

My new companion is named Elder Effiong from Nigeria.  He's a sweet guy!  I'll be killing him out here in the field, meaning he's going home this transfer.  When I heard that I was nervous.  Turns out he's still got a lot of gas in him and he works very hard. He’s super funny too! Just a good guy!  My new branch, Asonkore, is sweet. We have a cool building and 75 members came. Also 7 investigators!!  The new area is sweet but it’s a lot of difficult walking! Our area is up and down and the bikes are a no go. To many rocks and sand!  So I started to wear my sandals.  I’m wearing the ugly ones now so maybe I can use the cool ones at home! Hahaha!  Our apartment is a celestial one in the mission and the other elders are cool. One is from Liberia and the other from Samoa but no senior couple in Obuasi.

Some of the kids at church

 Obuasi is cool! It's freaking Humid. Techiman was soooooo dry! Everything is green here! It’s kinda a bushy area with lots of green hills like Califorina! Until you get to the city, then it doesn’t look like Cali at all! Ha ha ha!! But overall the place is a beautiful place!

Obuasi Hills

This week I put a heart sticker and a piece of paper on the back of my tag. The paper said LOVE THE PEOPLE.  That what’s its all about out here.  I'm almost 100% sure you won't have success in a mission or in life if you don’t have love for those you are around and who you serve. After all, the two greatest commandments are about love.  Love God.  Love you neighbor.  So my advice to everyone is to find love for everyone, even your enemies.

Love you all! 


Elder Turner


The Back of My Name Tag


Ghanaian Mothers Gifty and Joyce

Fashion Statement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...