Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, November 27, 2017

Week 18 Techiman


Well! This week was ok! Nothing much happened. Like, not anything super exciting. Other then it was my last week in the 3! YEEEEEEEEE BOI! Don't give me wrong, the 3 is cool and all, but I was getting tired walking around two areas. Seriously! Walking back and forth between areas here in Dwumoh is not easy at all. At the end of the day you are completely dead. So tomorrow I'll go and finally pick my only begotten, Elder Dago! Time to get my French boy on. Maybe I'll pick up a nice accent.  

Anyway, this week at church I had the chance to teach the Elders Quorum. I didn't teach though. For the past week I've been hearing a lot of complaining here around Techiman, but especially in our branch, about how members aren't coming. So I sat down and got them in a circle and told them how it's not the missionaries or the Branch Presidents fault (because we were taking the blame.)  I told them that it’s the members in the church, and the people I'm looking at, the Elders. But I was very nice about it and all.  I told them all of the missonaries successes comes from them. So we came to the conclusion that we'd start a Home Teaching program type thing in our branch. I hope it works!  The members are really getting motivated to bring members back which was a good thing. 

This week after a nice tasty bowl of FUFU I got a little sick! Getting sick in Ghana is freakin' stressful! hahah! It ended up passing over one day but man I was thinking I had Malaria!

This week something hit me. In Alma 32 it talks about faith. In verse 28 it starts comparing faith unto a Seed. Elder De carvalho, my companion for 24 more hours, being a motivational speaker, changed the "WORD" to "DREAMS" Read it and change "compare the word unto a seed" to "compare the dream unto a seed" at the beginning of verse 28! It’s the Coolest thing ever! 

Eating Fufu and Ground Nut Soup with Elders Evans and De Carvalho

Love you all! Hope you guys enjoyed your Turkey Day! I was eating rice ball and ground nut soup at an investigators hahah! 


ELDER TURNER

1 comment:

  1. Fico feliz de ver meu filho Elder De Carvalho!! A comer fufu...à moda de Kumasi.
    Os missionários precisam de comer....Sempre me lembro que tenho um filho na Missão quando dou de comer aos Missionários.
    Obrigada por terem postado essa foto. Não há dúvidas de que a Missão é a melhor escola. Viva a Tropa de Jesus Cristo!

    ReplyDelete

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...