Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, April 15, 2019

Week 90 Kumasi

This was the craziest week on my mission yet... Hands down!

To start off, let me just get the good stuff out of the way.  On Tuesday we were rolling around Kumasi transporting sleeping mats to certain apartments so people could come and sleep for a conference the next day.  While I was driving, I pulled up to a semi-truck broken down diagonal in the middle of the road.  There was no room to pass so I just followed the flow of traffic through the parking lot of a gas station. The cars were passing the actual fuel pumps and a guy on his phone stepped on the pedal right when I passed him and side swiped the passenger side of our car. He hit the panel just behind our back door.  I hit our brakes and got out.  This guy just started to LIGHT US UP! Probably 200 F-bombs came out of his mouth!  I actually got a little into it. I just had lay out the facts for him.  I was following traffic, I had already passed him, he was on his phone and he hit ME in the back.  The guy just kept going off and off and off.  Telling lies to all the people around, so he had a little posse of about 8 Ghanaians against us as "eye witnesses!"  Hahaha!  Not the best guy to have an accident with. He called the Police and was threatening to have us sent to court and all this crap. 


Now..... In a normal country that’s what SHOULD happen..... This is Ghana and it just doesn't work like that. The Police are inexperienced and will let anything go with a bribe.  So if they had shown up WE KNOW that they would've just asked us for a RIDCULOUS amount of money and let us go.  You gotta love corruption.  So we just said, “Look man, we'll give you money and we can go.”  We set on an amount (400 Cedis, around $100) and away we went.  No police, no insurance, no way of that dude paying for our car, just get him off our case!

Our "friend's" car

The Mission Van

 We also had a Black Mamba in our apartment this week.  Not that long, about 2.5 feet. I killed it with a broomstick. Job done. 




Now to some other topics hahah! This week we were teaching a woman that was referred by a member. We got talking about Prophets. We showed her a picture of President Russell M. Nelson and she said, "That’s the great Prophet that was at the Vatican!" Ha!  Yeah I guess so!  She was a Catholic. It was interesting telling her that the true Prophet of God was on her turf. Hahaha! Just kidding. But not really..... 

Things are going great out here! Our teaching pool is just staying steady right now!  Our investigator Boga is doing great! The work is moving along with the time we have in our area! We got a group of friends that just keep creeping their way into our teaching pool. It’s sweet! 

This week I was reading in the Book of Mormon in 2 Nephi 26

24 He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
25 Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price.

Just great verses you know?? I love these verses. Anyway, Hope everything is going well out in the world! 
Elder Turner
I had to wear my Masters stuff in honor of Tiger's win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...