Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, March 4, 2019

Week 84 Kumasi

This week was just another crazy fast week! A lot happened this week. Just nothing too interesting to tell you guys.  It was filled with just a lot of little things missionary things. 

My companion and I were in Tamale this week.  That Zone Conference was great! And what was really great was that I got to see some of my people from when I was served in Tamale!  But a crazy thing happened while Elder Garrett and I were cruising on the way home. I reached in the back to grab my scripture bag with my camera in it. I came to find a surprise of 40 Cedis of Groundnut paste (Ghana’s peanut butter) poured all over the floor!  That’s about a gallon of groundnut paste all over the scripture bag and floor! Ugh!  We quickly pulled over and used an apron, white shirt, a full bed sheet, and a dirty rag to somehow clean up the mess. I didn't get a pic of it because my camera was suffering in the groundnut-covered bag.... I just didn't want my scriptures to get dowsed...What a mess!

We went to Techiman on the way back from Tamale. We hit an exchange with some elders there. The next day I went to my first area and saw a couple of people! I saw my "Ghanaian Mother."  Her name is Gifty!  She used to “take care of our stomachs” back when I was serving in the area! hahah! The people in Techiman are doing well! I was so happy to be back in the area! 

This week Ishmael, one of our progressing investigators, came to church again! We were even able to have a lesson with him the day before.  He kinda set his own baptismal date.  I just asked him about the baptism and he said the 16th of March... I don't know if he heard something about that day or what, he just said 16th March hahaha! He is doing very well though. Ishmael is so awesome! 

Anyway! This next week will be another busy one with zone conferences and stuff!  I hope everything is going well with anyone who is inspired and actually reads these! 


Elder Turner

A Really Cool Lady From Our Ward Named Elizabeth Kondu

Our Car and Our Hats!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...