Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, March 11, 2019

Week 85 Kumasi

YO! It’s been just another busy week here in the GKM. I can't believe that I am writing another one of these things. Like, to be honest we had nothing too crazy this week.

So I'll just talk a little about our teaching pool. We don't get a whole lot of time out there to find but we manage though.  We are teaching Ishmael still and that guy is so awesome. He truly wants to be baptized. We had him on date for this week but due to some small things... I think we will extend it a week.  Ishmael is really an awesome man. We also have a member named George who is a recent convert. He has a son named Evans that we are teaching. He is 14 and he says that he has received a witness that the Book of Mormon is true! Yeah! What a cool 14 year old! He has a friend named Sekina that we are also teaching. She is 15 and is reading the Book of Mormon. So that is a little about our pool. We have some others but those are the ones who are really progressing. 

We just had a lot of little busy work to do this week that took up a lot of time. One word that has been popping up in my head lately is the word Penitent. To be penitent means to feel Godly sorrow, or to be repentant. There is a scripture that I love in Alma 42 when he is giving his son Corianton a piece of his mind.

v. 23  But God ceaseth not to be God, and mercy claimeth the penitent, and mercy cometh because of the atonement; and the atonement bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead; and the resurrection of the dead bringeth back men into the presence of God; and thus they are restored into his  presence, to be judged according to their works, according to the law and justice.

Even Ammon tells us that those who are penitent are those who have joy and have happiness! It's a sweet word! So just remember to be penitent. 


Anyway, I hope things are going well wherever you are in the world! 



Elder Turner

Pizza!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...