Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, February 18, 2019

Week 82 Kumasi

WELL, Just another fast week here in the Ghana Kumasi Mission! This week was crazy as I'm sure EVERYONE knows by now about the new missionary rule for Communicating with the Families. That is just crazy!  I never expected that.  Our mission just BLEW up with questions.  So Friday, Saturday and yesterday we spent taking phone calls from missionaries and answering the same questions over and over all day. Super crazy though! WE BELIEVE IN CONTINUOUS REVELATION!

During Transfers. This is Sister Okafor in the red and she is training Sister Okeke.  They are both from Nigeria

Me with Elder Dago, my former trainee, and Elder Guerra, a new missionary from the Philippines he is training.  So this is my son and grandson! Ha!!


Anyway, This week was cool. Elder Garrett and I were busy this week. We had transfers to do and everything went well. No problems there. We tried to fit in a little proselyting. We are having a person who we are teaching named Ishmael.  He is a super sweet guy who calls each of us "MY BROTHA!"  He is 42 years old and always wears a backwards dad hat. He is sooooo cool and just a stud. He loves the Gospel. He'll do anything to hear a good message from us.  He has come for the past two weeks.  He came once last transfer before I got to this area. We did start to teach him though.  So everything is cool!  He understands and loves it! 

Today we had an odd encounter.  We met some people who claimed to have seen the Savior and even Joseph Smith in visions.  They claim to draw people "to the Lord."  Whatever that means.  He was standing with a guy and said how he had seen the Lord just YESTERDAY!  Wow! I was just in Shock.  He has met with the missionaries multiple times in the past and he brought up Joseph Smith. He told us how Joseph Smith was "the real deal." He claimed to have had multiple encounters with him. He said he is a "beautiful man."  So that was about it. That experience made me a little uncomfortable and I kinda just wanted to leave. But, I didn't know what to think about that experience.  I noticed that he didn't claim that this church was true.  I have a hard time believing that he saw all these things IF the Savior didn't testify those things.  Kinda odd. 

Anyway, We are just super busy around here trying to scrape up some proselyting time. Just praying! 

Remember that the Lord is there to always ease your burdens people!! 


Elder Turner
I found a roll of money!

This is us getting pumped up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...