Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, December 10, 2018

Week 72 Berekum

We have had such a crazy fast week with a lot of things happening! It was another successful week in Berekum! We had many people to follow up on from the past weeks and were still able to find some new people to teach this week.  My companion and I had 7 people come to church this week. So that’s great!

Elder Morisho and I have been teaching a man named Isaac who has been progressing nicely towards baptism.  When we saw him this week he told us that he just wants to come to the church and not be baptized.  We couldn’t figure out what his reasoning for this was.  We told him that he needed to be baptized so he would receive the Holy Ghost and be able to feel the spirit all the time, but he just wasn't picking up on it.  We explained the situation to our Branch President.  He sat down with him and apparently just "layed" it on him.  Isaac came out of this interview with a big smile and told us he wants to be baptized! Sweet! December 22nd is his date!!  We are praying everything works out. 

We got a referral from Church Headquarters this week. A guy named Clinton was referred from a member in the US over Facebook. I thought that was cool. This lady in the US was trying to promote her business and the got talking about the gospel.  Clinton wanted to learn more! Our first lesson was very spiritual.  Like, crazy spiritual!  I think the guy was prepared for our message!  He really doesn't know much about the Bible or anything religious, so it's nice to teach someone without any apostate doctrine in them!  Hahahaha! It's just crazy how everything unfolded with this referral.  It makes me think of how the Lord works in mysterious ways for the Salvation of his people! 

This week I was reading in Helaman and 3 Nephi. I love what Christ says to the Nephites in the Darkness. 

"14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me." 

I just think that is a great verse of scripture! Think about it!! 

I love you all! Get into the Christmas spirit both fun and spiritual!!

Elder Turner

Elder Brimhall from Snowflake Arizona!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...