Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Week 60 Tamale

Wow! Week 60!! Kinda crazy right? Just gotta let the time fly I guess. I don't have a problem with that! Hahaha!  

ANYWAY, this week was a seriously good week! Elder Mbithi and I got some nice work in! We had a full week in our area, no exchanges, no conferences, so we got to do a lot of things. 

We were able to find 8 new investigators this week! hahah! That’s a small miracle in Tamale!  All of them are cool, so far.  The challenge now is following up and getting them to church!

This week during most of our lessons with the new people we found we obviously taught lesson 1, the Restoration.  One thing that we had to seriously emphasize is the Apostasy. I loved it!! I honestly love Ghana.  You can learn soooooo much about the Apostasy here. Pretty much all the churches here started because they think that the other churches are apostate.  Hahaha!!  So the message of the Restoration is perfect. We just tell people that the apostasy was real and now we have like a thousand churches.  That’s one thing you don't see in Utah.  Hahahah! 

Well, we have two young guys coming to church right now progressing towards baptism.  Their names are Claytus and Eugene and they are 12 and 10.  We teach them at the church building because the people they live with are small, small sketchy.... haha.  They also ask us questions as if they are pastors.  It’s awesome! We just need to figure out when the grandma wants them to be baptized. 

I got to read the Book of Mormon a lot this week. It was very inspiring. I honestly could write about 100 things from it.  I was just flipping through one night and I remembered a scripture that I read not too long ago.  Also my companion quotes it all the time when I make food! Hahaha!!! Jacob 2:17

"Think of your brethren like unto yourselves, and be familiar with all and free with your substance, that they may be rich like unto you."

Does it remind you of anything???? Ministering!!!  Ha!  Usually when Elder Mbithi says that to me I just tell him that the church teaches self-reliance! haha!  That is what was going threw my mind a little bit this week.

Congrats to Tony Finau..... Ryder Cup!!!  Gotta love it. 


Elder Turner

Found this Little Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...