Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, September 10, 2018

Week 59 Tamale

This week was yet another great week here in the GKM!  Elder Mbithi and I had MLC this week.  Sounds like a solid time, right?  Then you gotta think about the bus rides from one end of the country to the other! Ha!  At least it’s a better drive than the one from Utah County to St George.... My companion and I got stuck in Kumasi because the bus back to our area was to full, so we had to wait an extra day.
  
MLC was cool.  We learned a lot about what “DIRECTION” we face and how it’s the most important factor getting from where you are to your destination. Think about it.... If I'm driving somewhere that I want to get to and even if I’m driving a crappy car and it breaks down I can get it fixed, and eventually, in time, I will get to my destination if I know my direction.  If I don't know how to get there or the direction I am going there is no way I will get to my destination.... So yeah, think about what direction you are going or facing in an eternal perspective. 

Me With Elders Mbithi, Sunday and Hanks

This week we literally got to proselyte a total of 10 hours in our area.  But it was a pretty effective 10 hours to say the least. We contacted some new people so that was cool!  We also met a guy, James.  This guy asks like 3 questions like super, super fast and expects you to answer all of them hahaha!   It felt like he was asking these questions to disprove us, so I had him read 2 Nephi 29:6-9. It starts off saying;

"Thou fool, that shall say: A Bible, we have got a Bible,"

He immediately paused and reread it like three times.  I invited him to continue reading and he did!  It think he was like in shock at how TRUE it was. He committed to read and have us come back. 

We also had something cool happen on Sunday. We had an older member lady bring 2 young boys to church.  One is 12 and the other 10. I didn’t catch their names ha! I think one is Claytus, but we are going teach them.  I guess they are here for school and it was their G-Ma who brought them.  So hopefully we can teach them, but the problem is that the compound that they stay in is a little whack... We got strict orders from our Branch President not to go there! I think the plan is that we'll teach them at the chapel. 

We had a member in our branch get denounced from her family. We went to her house and she shared with us a scripture that was helping her through this tough time.  It’s from Doctrine and Covenants 101:36.

"Wherefore, fear not even unto death; for in this world your joy is not full, but in me your joy is full."

Pretty cool! Anyway, I hope life is cool wherever you might be!


Elder Turner 

The Tamale Zone!

This is Gabby J from our Branch Who was Leaving to Go Away to School the Next Day

The Boys in Our Branch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...