Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, August 13, 2018

Week 55 Tamale

It was a pretty sweet week in the area.  Everything is going well!  I had the worst meal I've ever had on my mission so far this week!  We had T-Z(ed) and Okra soup... They don't usually mix them together but this time around they did...... divine design I'm sure.  Basically what it is is fufu, but like way softer. Basically, what T-Z(ed) is like is flour with gelatin in it or whatever they use to make Jello. That’s the texture of T-Z(ed) and okra is like a slippery goo. Uuuugggh! So rough! Endure to the end! That is what we preach.

Like I said, we had a lot of success this week in the area! Elder Mbithi and I have been on a roll of finding Christians that are somehow serious!  Like we have some people that we just know are prepared to hear this message we are sharing! One man is called Dominic! He's a family man, about 45 or so.  A Catholic man. Seriously, think of the Best Two Years, when Elder Rogers and Calhoon are teaching Kyle the Restoration! That’s what happened! hahah! I was so powerful! But yeah, we are having some sweet people to teach. Now we are just having a problem with them hitting that next step! CHURCH!  We threw up a NIL for sacrament attendance on Sunday. So we are just praying for those people!

Walking in Tamale

Out Finding with One of the Members, Beliki

Our Sweet New Ties!


I got a little sick this week with a nice little cold. There is a companionship in our zone that is struggling in there area.  Elder Mbithi had previously served there so we went to go show them all of the houses of Elder Mbithi’s former investigators! 6 hours under the sun, no chair!  That was a little tough! Tamale is not to chill either! hahah!

This week I saw something that was cool inside the Book of Mormon in Alma chapter 24.  It is the story of the Anti-Nephi-Lehis and their conversion! I just love how they didn't fight against the Lamanites when they where just hammering them! BUT! Many of those same Lamanites where converted because of the example of the people of Ammon! Then a statement gets made which says "thus we see that the Lord worketh in many ways to the salvation of his people." That’s a seriously sweet story..... read it!

We are going to Bolga this week for an exchange so we hope that will be cool!

Love you all!
Elder Turner




No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...