Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, July 30, 2018

Week 53 Tamale

Well.  The year mark was cool!  Not much went down.  Just had a normal day! Hahaha!  We did find some people on the year mark though!  I burned a shirt so that was cool!

Half Way Mark Shirt Burning!

I can honestly say it was probably my most successful week in Tamale yet! Tamale is one of the more difficult areas in the mission, so my companion, Elder Mbithi and I were very happy with the work we did this week!  We were able to place 17 Books of Mormon!  I mean, we did do it street contacting, but still, it was a lot!  It was so nice to talk to a lot of people about it! It makes your day when someone understands and reads!

Elder Lino's New Comp, Elder De Vires from Michigan


We met a guy this week named Agbesi. (Yes. That’s his name).  He is a sweet young guy from Accra!  He asks questions like crazy!  Sometimes it can get a little frustrating because we think he’s asking just to annoy us, but he’s not!  Hahaha! He just really wants to know!  So we taught him and gave him the Book of Mormon and he read and even came to church! Good for Agbesi! 

This week we had a sweet Tamale District activity (not a missionary district, the district is like a stake but smaller. This is not Utah! Hahaha). It was so crazy! The whole district walked from a chapel on one side of town to another chapel on the other side of town! It was like 3 miles! They also had like an African Mariachi-type band follow us the whole time! The purpose was to get the church known to the residents of Tamale!  It worked! 100 people walking in the middle of town with drums and trumpets!  Members also passed out pamphlets along the way!

Yeah, this week was cool.  Elder Mbithi and I are enjoying being back together and we were able to really increase our teaching pool! So it was a sweet week!

I hope everything back home is cool!


Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...