Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, July 23, 2018

Week 52 Tamale

HMMMMMMMMM. I don't know if you people remember how long 52 weeks is, but it sounds familiar.... YES SIR! ONE YEAR! 

What a crazy year it has been! And also what a sweet week!  We got our new companions this week.  I was so eager to know who my new companion was.  I was stuck in Tamale waiting to hear so I just called one of my guys at transfers. He said "you’re never gonna guess who you’re with!"  OK?  He said, "It’s your “Father”!!!  MBITHI!"  I absolutely jumped for joy! hahah I was sooooooo happy! So right now I'm with Elder Mbithi, my trainer.  We are just enjoying being companions and having fun now!

Me and Elder Mbithi

Elder Lino (a Tongan missionary in our apartment) and I were waiting for our companions this week until Friday.  So we were companions for about 3 days!  It was fun!  We were going around in both areas talking to everyone we saw.  Both of our areas need work finding so that’s what we did all week.  We just spent our time finding.  Not the ideal week, but it was ok and went by fast haha!

With Elder Lino's Investigator

I found myself singing a primary song this week.  It was the baptism song "I Like to Look for Rainbows Whenever There is Rain."  I have no clue what the rest of the song is, just that line.  So Sunday I just started to sing it, no idea why. We went to church and our last speaker didn't show up and Sacrament Meeting was just a mess.  Our Branch President wasn't there so the guy conducting tried to close the meeting like 30 minutes early! haha! I walked up to the stand and told him to sing hymn #143 as an intermediate hymn and that I would give the last talk.  So… that’s what happened.  I had not a clue as to what I was gonna speak on! THEN, I started to sing the song. I don't know the whole song but that one line is sweet! I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain! So that’s what I spoke on, just trying to look for the good in everything. Trying to look at others the way Christ looks at us.



That reminded me of a scripture. Mark 10 when the rich young guy came and asked Christ what he needs to do to inherit eternal life.... Christ answered and said don’t do this and don’t do that, type of thing. The rich guy said, "I know. I already do that."  There are 6 words that I love in one of the verses that says "Then Jesus Beholding Him Loved Him."  What does that mean?! Well beholding means to look or see.  So Jesus was looking at this guy the way HE DOES and he loved him. We can learn TWO powerful lessons here. Whenever you want to teach or correct someone, look at them the way Christ does and LOVE THEM! That’s the only way to teach in my mind. Or the BEST way I should say.  The rest of the story says that Jesus told him to give everything away and the guy wasn't happy.

Well yeah.  That was the week. It was cool. I hope life is cool for whoever feels inspired to read this! hahaha!


Elder Turner

Bye Bye Barnum

Elder Sanao from Botswana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...