Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, January 1, 2018

Week 23 Techiman

WELL, there goes 2017 and here comes 2018!  2017 was a great year with high school graduation and just all that good stuff.  I'm excited to see what 2018 is gonna be like spending it entirely in Ghana.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


 Brother Patrick and Sister Ernestina's Baptism
  
This week was a cool week!  Saturday we had our first baptisms!  So that was good!  Sister Ernestina and Brother Patrick.  I was so happy they all worked out! Baptizing them was a cool experience.  I also had the chance to be in the circle when they were being confirmed.  I could totally feel that the Holy Ghost was there!  Man what a cool experience.  I can't wait to see what the future has for them in the church.

Also, this week we had a Multi-Branch activity here in Techiman. A dance! So what just popped into my head was a stake dance back home. Man, Ghana stake dances are so much different hahaah!  This place was crazy.  They all heard there was gonna be free food, so everyone in Techiman came.  I think there ended up being like 250 members in all.  Watching the food line was comical. Hahaha!  But for real, I was in shock.  I didn't even go in the line cause I didn't wanna die. So I cracked open a Fanta and just watched. The activity was good because it brought tons of the members out that haven't been to church all year.  So it was a very effective activity. 

This week I had something on my mind.  It comes from the scriptures in LUKE 22:41-44.  It's about the Savior suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane.  Something that really stood out to me in verse 42 when the savior says, "not my will, but thine, be done."  The Savior didn't want to suffer but yet he did it because it was the will of the Father.  We can apply this to our daily lives. Sometimes there are things that we don't want to do, but it’s not our will that matters, it’s the Fathers, especially out here on the mission.  Sometimes you don't wanna go see that crazy old lady or that creepy man, but it’s not our will, it’s the Fathers. His will always seems to work out.

Also in verse 44 it says "and being in AGONY he prayed more earnestly…" Sometimes life is just gonna suck, but the savior wasn't in the best moment for him physically, mentally and spiritually either. Yet he prayed more earnestly. I hope we can all apply this in our life. When life sucks.... pray more earnestly, and if you aren't praying..... START!  Elder Mbithi, my Father, always said, "When you don't want to pray is when you need to pray most."  TRUE! 

Anyway, I wish all you a Happy New Year and I love you all!


Elder Turner 

 Christmas Caroling
Our Neighbor's Monkey Eating Our Banana


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...