Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Week 15 Techiman TRAINER!


MAN!  What a crazy week. Serious. First of all, you can now call me Father Turner. HAHAHA!  I got called to train! What da heck???  You might be wondering why this email came a little late.  Yesterday we were traveling from Techiman to Kumasi so I can pick up my new companion on Wednesday. My only begotten. My son. Hahaha!!  If I said I wasn't nervous to train I'd be absolutely lying.  I couldn't be more nervous. I just got here!  

That means I have to say goodbye to my trainer, Elder Mbithi!  I'll miss that guy!!  I'll have to say goodbye to him tomorrow (Wednesday). Man, I can't believe how fast my training went by! It is sad it is coming to an end. Serious!!


Well this week wasn't bad at all. On Tuesday we had a Mission Tour with Elder Katcher. He's a member of the Quorum of the 70! It was so awesome! He spoke with power! We talked a lot about the spirit and the Book of Mormon. It was powerful! The importance of the spirit is unbelievable out here on the mission. If you don't have the spirit you can't do anything with the work. You'll just be going through the motions! I learned a lot about how to invite the spirit.

We learned a lot about service to our leaders and just service in general. In Alma 17, Ammon shows an amazing amount of service and he is blessed by it. Even the King even thinks he the “Great Spirit.”  Also in Alma 17 he shows how to be a fundamental missionary from verses 14-36.  It’s an amazing chapter in the Book of Mormon. 

I hope everyone will get time to read Alma 17.  Anyway, I hope everything back home is great!  I miss all of you!  Next time I email I'll be telling you about my son! Ha ha ha!


Elder Turner 

Cliff Jump in Africa kind of reminds me of Tibblefork in AF Canyon
GAP hat! Little golfer boy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...