Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 9! Transfer #2 Baby!!


HAHA! I can't believe that transfer one is already over.  This week flew by! Everything is going good out here in the GKM!!  Elder Mbithi, my mission father, is doing well!  The food is still coming along. HAHA!  Its purely a mental thing at this point!  They eat fish a ton here. If you know my eating habits fish wasn’t even an option!  haha! Anyway… I'm doing good!

The Dwumoh branch is coming along!  My first week here we had 30 people show up to church, so Elder Mbithi and I made a goal for 60 by the end of training.  This week we had 48!!!  YOOOOOO, count the bucket, AND 1!  5 investigators and 6 Less-active members at church this week!  We were so happy. 


Elder Mbithi and I with Kwame

We have an investigator named Kwame Gyan. He's a 13 year old boy and his mother hates our church.  We found out that she left the house for a long time so we decided to keep coming back to teach him, but we weren’t gonna teach him if it was gonna cause him problems!  During the first lesson he asked when he could be baptized!  His mom was keeping him from coming to church though, but she finally left town. This Sunday he knocked on our door at our apartment at 7:30AM ready to go to church!  I felt bad cause he had to wait outside!  But he loved church!!  It’s hard to explain this boy’s faith!!  It amazes me. I look up to this kid. When I was 13 I probably told my friends at school that I hated church, trying to be cool! JK I love church! Anyway… his faith is amazing. I hope that his mom with soften her heart! 

I love and miss everyone! Ghana is sweet! I love the mission life! 

Elder Turner

For the missionaries reading this and I guess everyone! 


"As we live in tune with the Spirit and seek the Lord's help, He will bless our efforts to bring His lost sheep back to the Fold" -Elder Terence M. Vinson

Found a hoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...