Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, September 18, 2017

Week 8 Techiman


HEY ALL! This week was a good week!  A lot went on this week!  On Thursday we had Zone Conference! For our Zone Conference, we combine with other zones cause we have so many little zones.  My zone only has 14 missionaries in it! But Zone Conference was way sick!  We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon!  Some of the things that were said were truly amazing.  An elder said "The Book of Mormon is a testimony of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-days Saints, when we share or read from it, we are sharing and reading the testimony of the church!"  We also talked about how some of these people in Ghana are literally one book away from salvation! I loved zone conference!

We also had a multi branch soccer game! hahaha!  The Ghanaians go “game 7” when it comes to anything relating to soccer! hahha!  It was super fun.  The Ghanaians love to watch white people play soccer!  I think after my two years, I’m going to try out for Chelsea! haha! 

Me with Mayfia

A lot of people love hearing about the food! I ate a few meals of fufu this week! haha!  Seriously, I pray to just be able to get it down!  The Ghanaians love watching white people eat fufu!  Literally the whole time I just get kids laughing at me! haha!  Hopefully I can get used to fufu in a couple transfers, seriously!  I need to get used to it! 

 Fufu and ground nut stew

This week, the work was good!  Elder Mbithi and I have three investigators that we feel have a great chance at being baptized which is nice! Their names are Asonte, Angela, and Kwame!  They are all amazing people!  We ended up having 41 people at our church this week, which is always nice!  We are meeting with less-active members everyday, trying to get them to come to church, or do anything to build their faith in Jesus Christ!  Like have them read the Book of Mormon, or something small like that!  So we work a lot with less-active members! 








Well, I hope everything is going well with everyone reading this! And… if you do read it, remember that your Father in Heaven loves you beyond anything you can comprehend!
Love you all! 

Elder Turner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...