Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 7 Techiman



This week was full of ups and downs! I had a little sickness yesterday all day, but I’m fine now! This week it rained a lot and we can’t really do much in the rain out here! I also had the chance to go to Kumasi for a mid-transfer training, which was super nice! Kumasi is a nice place.  The missionaries in Kumasi are living the life! They pay like 3 Ghanaian cedi for 10 oranges!! Thats under 1 US dollar!! Like whaaaaat??? 

Street contacting in Techiman

This week was hard work! We went to Kumasi, and got rained out a few times. The days we had the chance to go out, they were some fuuuulllll days. Days full of disappointment as well! It seems like we kept hearing the same thing over and over! In Ghana a “saint” is someone who has juju powers, or like black magic powers, so everyone was scared of us. We explained to so many people about what a “Latter Day Saint” is!  This week we only had 37 people come to church as well, little bummed about that! The nice thing is we can only move up! This week wasn”t the best, so next week is going to be better!!

The biggest tree I've ever seen!

With this week being hard, and having another batch of fufu and fish stew, I read a nice scripture, Alma 36:3, look it up. It’s about putting your trust in the lord and he'll deliver you out of bondage! I love that scripture! I know it is true! This week is going to be a great week I can feel it! 

I hope everyone is doing well! Remember that the lord loves all of you!!

Elder Turner




No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...