Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, September 4, 2017

Week 6 Techiman

WOW! This was the fastest week of my life.  I'm serious!!  We had a lot of full days.  This place is sweet.  The snacks here are all new to me, so I've developed a Ghanaian sweet tooth. Perk crackers!  They are a better version of Nila Waffers! YUUUUM. Now, all the snacks are good, but fufu,on the other hand, with fish stew makes me absolutely cringe.  People always ask us to eat fufu with them, cause they want to watch a white man eat it!! hahaha! Our answer is always that we just came from the apartment. Ha! I think about what I’m gonna be saying about fufu 5 transfers in, I’ll probably love it. Its not that it tastes bad, it’s just how much food you swallow without chewing.

Everything in Ghana is cool though! My companion is so funny and always has some sort of joke or prank going on! haha! He teaches me all the crazy Kenyan ways! Love Elder Mbithi! 



The work out here is progressing! Week one, we had 30 people at our branch, this week we had 42!  We have investigators commit to come all the time, but they never show up.  It’s all about patience though! I love teaching lessons! We have a lot of investigators, a lot that we feel very good about!  Hopefully by the end of this month they can be fully converted by the spirit, and be baptized. It’s not us that are converting, its the spirit. As a missionary that means you have to be in tune with the spirit at all times! 

I've been focusing a lot on Christ like attributes out here. It’s amazing to try to become like Christ everyday. Everyone should study the attributes of the Savior! Anyway… this place is sweet! Pray for our investigators, that the spirit can convert them!  Love you all!  Remember that the Lord will answer all your prayers if you have faith!!  Alma 31!!!

Elder Turner

Dwumoh Chapel

A Ghanaian School

Techiman

My Zone Leader, Elder Dudley and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...