Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 4/Week 5 Techiman

Hello everyone!! I realized I sent “week 3” last week, but I've been out for a month so I don't know if I should do week 4 or 5 so I did both! Next week will be week 6! hahaha! This week was a good one! I love the missionary life!  It's hard work, but its super fun. I love waking up and being able to read the scriptures, every single day.  Its something I regret not doing at home! It brings me so much peace, and I know it can do the same for every single one of you as well! Also… I freaking love the MoTab and EFY albums! hahah! I think when I come home my playlist is going to be Coldplay, the 1975 and MoTab. hahah!

Ghana is sweet! Still crazy and I think it'll forever be crazy, but super fun! The people love their language, Twi. They know how to speak English, but some of them refuse to because they love Twi.  So I’m learning a lot of Twi.  For all you Twi speakers "etesane" hahaha! That means “how are you?”  The food isn’t bad. The only food that I’ve been having a tough time with is fufu, as expected. It’s basically a dough that you put on your tongue and let it slide down you throat. It took me a good 16 years to take pills, so this is gonna be a new challenge haha! The food here is really just ton and tons of carbs so the 30 minute workout is useful.

My area is sweet! DWUMOH 2! The people are super nice. They all know and love the missionaries. They just have a hard time remembering or wanting to do what they commit to do, like coming to church or reading and praying. But you just gotta keep checking in with them, and have a smile on your face and they'll do it. I said last week that we had 30 people at our branch. We rounded up a cool 39 this week. For real tho, that is a nice accomplishment. We had every seat full, plus kids on laps! Our goal is 60 people by the end of the transfer, which is possible. We just have a ton of less active members, so we meet with a lot of them everyday. The area, as a whole, is sweet. It’s pretty ghetto, but fun. I’ll send pics of the area next week.




I seriously love the mission though. I can’t believe I’m already a week in! The days go by so fast when you’re constantly doing something! Even the nights go by fast. 8 hours of sleep feels like 1 hour out here hahahah!

Something that really stood out to me this week was "you can accomplish anything you want in righteousness." Being a missionary you set tons of goals and you can accomplish them if you have faith and are righteous! I know that applies to anyone in the world! If you want to accomplish something, have the lord on your side, and always remember him!

Love you all! Thanks for all the support!

Elder Turner 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...