Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Week 2 ELDA TURNA



Well week two is in the books and it was full of good stuff.  

First of all, the reason behind the subject "Elda Turna" is all the Africans call me Elda Turna. Their accents are so thick that sometimes it’s hard to understand them! I love them though. It’s fun to mess with them, especially on the basketball court. Some of them have never seen a hoop in their lives. The hoops here are 9 feet with no nets. All of the American Elders just throw down. The Africans think we should all be in the NBA hahaha!




The food still blows out here, we had the chance of looking up the prices of groceries out here and they are super cheap. Like 1.5 liters of water is 50 cents haha! 12 eggs is 2 bucks. They have most all you need. So I'm just grinding every meal out in the MTC! If you were wondering, literally all we eat here is rice and some sort of meat, primarily chicken. So it’s not too bad. You'll occasionally get fufu thrown down on you, that’s when all the American elders hit the suitcases with their food they packed hahaha!

We had the pleasure of hearing from Elder Dale G. Renlund, an apostle in the quorum of the 12! It was amazing! He talked about what President Hinkley talked about, “forget yourself and go to work.” A quote I loved is; "you’ll have all you need if you keep your eye set to the glory of God." Another is; "the thing that will help you the most in the next two years is focusing on blessing someone else’s life."  Man, it was amazing, just shaking his hand was amazing. An elder explained that his hand felt as a warm loaf of bread, and I couldn't come up with a better explanation. HA!  It seriously was amazing, his wife, and the western Africa President also gave amazing talks. 

The MTC life is just a grind! haha! But something I heard that keeps replaying in my mind is "a missionary is someone who leaves their family for 2 years, to HELP OTHERS LIVE WITH THEIRS FOR ENTERNITY!!!"  In the MTC you just sit and learn, but thinking about the field and literally being an instrument in the Lord’s hands keeps me going. 

I hope everyone at home is doing well! I love and miss all you guys! I hope that you read those quotes from Elder Renlund and think about them, they are amazing! I'd love to hear your thoughts on them, so email me!:)

Elder Turner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...