Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, March 25, 2019

Week 87 Kumasi


TRANSFERS! Oh boy, just another one down and two to go. Wild huh? This one was just the blink of an eye.  It was crazy fast. 

This week 6 of the transfer has been great! My companion and I had a lot to do. We started our week in Sunyani for a conference. I was able to make it out to Berekum and see some old friends of mine. President Ofusuhene is just an absolute stud of a Branch President.  The conference went well and then we had to turn around and come back to Kumasi for another conference the following day. It also went well!

We took time to prepare a brotha for baptism as well.  Ishmael, what a stud!  I just love that guy!  He is around 40 years old, a single father of a son and just loves the gospel.  He wants nothing more then to be a member of the church!  I felt bad that we had such a busy schedule, he was calling and calling us so we could keep teaching him! Finally, he was able to be baptized this past Saturday by his buddy, Martin, who is a member.  It was great! 

Me, Smith, Ishmael, Paul Smiler, Martin(the member who baptized), Garrett and Matthews

Elder Garrett and I with Ishmael and his friend Martin who baptized him

I love the Daban Ward!  They are referral machines. We are blessed with the members we have in this ward!  We got like 4 referrals this week that seem promising. We hope that they will work out and progress towards baptism. Shoutout to the Daban Ward! haha!

Like I said, it’s transfers this week and Elder Garrett and I will remain together for the coming transfer. We are gonna try to make this transfer a legendary transfer. So we will see what the transfer has in store for us! hahah! Also for you to see! haha!! Should get interesting! 

This week I was just thinking about the Book of Mormon prophets and how proactive they are!  If I want to be like anyone in this life it's first, The Lord Jesus Christ, of course, and then second, the Book of Mormon Prophets.  They are some of the greatest leaders and most proactive people.  Think of Nephi, making a bow after he broke it.  There is the brother of Jared who prepared 16 stones for the Savior to touch and make light for their journey across the ocean.  You have Alma who heeded the Lord’s command to return back to a city that he just got absolutely beaten in to meet Amulek.  Mormon was made a leader over the Nephite army at 16.  In the end Moroni was running and running alone after all his people were wiped out to preserve the plates.  It’s just amazing how proactive these Prophets were.  Keep those people in mind.  I think the Book of Mormon means something when it says if we read it and abide, we will draw closer to our Father in Heaven. 

I hope everyone is gonna have a great week! Things are kicking in Ghana! 


Elder Turner


Sister Moses is a cool funny sister from Nigeria

This is an unfinished building that we teach in sometimes






No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...