Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Week 47 Tamale

Our Area

Another week in Tamale in the books! I'm not gonna lie it was probably the most tiring of them all! Contacting, contacting and more contacting! All we did was try to find people! It’s a little more difficult out here as well! All Muslim!! haha!

This week one of our members got a missionary paint job! We did it over two days! None of us are pro painters so we didn’t know what was up.  We just started to put the primer on the walls.  That stuff is thick!!!  It wasn’t until we did the whole house that we realized we needed to add water to the primer!! hahahah!!!  The second day was cool though.  A decent paint job!  She was so happy though!


The Painting Crew


Like I said, this week we did a lot of contacting and who wants to contact?!?! Like, here in Tamale it’s SPECIAL! I'm telling you. You can see so many crazy things.   We were  talking to this lady and this euro white dude comes up and says out loud, "Ask these guys if they believe Jesus Christ is God?"  I responded through the lady and said, "Tell the man that we believe in God, our Heavenly Father and in his Son, Jesus Christ and In the Holy Ghost." He responded through the lady and quoted Isaiah chapter 9. It’s when it gives a lot of names of Christ. One of them is the Everlasting Father. HE FORGOT THE PRINCE OF PEACE!! haha So I said, “you forgot that one” and said, “We believe He’s the prince of peace. So why are we arguing?!”  I turned around and he was GONE!! Such a creepy guy! so we ended up teaching the lady! Kinda funny! 

Something I love about Tamale is contacting Muslims.  We just get right to talking about Jesus Christ. It’s awesome to see their reactions.  Some are very humble and want to know more, some just completely shut it down!  But they haven't heard our message.  It is truly amazing to teach them stuff they literally have no clue about. You can tell when it really touches their hearts! The key is in the Plan of Salvation! They get so interested in it! Especially the Atonement! I love teaching up here in Tamale!!!

Well it was a cool week! 
Love to all! 


Elder Turner



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...