Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, June 25, 2018

Week 48 Tamale

This was a week to remember for sure out here in Tamale. We had a lot of things were going on this week. My companion and I have been putting forth more effort towards finding in our area and we are seeing progress!  Some new and much needed investigators have been added to our teaching pool.  So we'll take it from there and see if we can add more this week.  For some reason my companion and I have felt some fire and are trying to improve the area like crazy. 

That is Sister Precious in the middle.  We painted her house last week.  She's the BEST!!


This week we were able to go on an exchange with the AP's. We decided to use them small and bust out our proselyting tools, tons of signs that show our message, and street contact! Man, tamale is different. You gotta put on a show for people to talk to you.  You just gotta put yourself out there and yell! Hahaha!! "FREE BOOK OF MORMON!!" "CAN MAN SEE GOD?? JOSEPH SMITH DID!!" Stuff like that. I’ll get a pic of it this week. 

Like I said, this week was a sweet week. It was President Cosgrave’s last Zone Conference!  Just for the Wonderful Tamale Zone! It was awesome! His last sermon!!!  Zone Conference was cool but we had a District Conference on Sunday and that’s where all the tears and words of goodbye were said! It’s crazy to think that the Cosgraves are leaving Ghana. They are absolutely the best!  They've been in Ghana for 5 years total!!!  I’m so excited for them!! Can't wait to meet our new mission president, President Webster!!! 

Elder Barnum and I with President and Sister Cosgrave at the final Zone Conference

 This week I was doing some study in the first couple of Chapters of 2 Nephi. I was digging out some gems from it! In chapter 2 of 2 Nephi, Lehi was giving some of his last words to his firstborn in the wilderness, Jacob. In verse 6-10 he’s talking about how redemption can only come through the Holy Messiah. 

8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the spirit, that he may bring to pass the Resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise."

PERFECT! An absolutely perfect scripture for life.... there’s nothing else I can add to that because of how plain and simple and to the point it is!! Always remember it! 

Love you all! 

Elder Turner 

My "Son" Elder Dago

Elder Barnum and I at the Internet Cafe Today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...