Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, June 11, 2018

Week 46 I Think...idk

I was in a member’s house this week and saw a notification that the Warriors swept the Cavs.  Good for the Warriors! hahah!
  
This week was nuts! TRANSFERRED! hahaha! MAJOR........ Wednesday was the most uncomfortable day on my mission yet!  Like, just not knowing where I was going. On the tro-tro ride to Kumasi I had a friend call me and ask me if I knew where I was going, I said “no!”  He just laughed!  Sweet, that makes me feel awesome! haha!  I finally got to the stake center in Kumasi and found out I was going to Tamale!  The NORTH!  The Middle East of Ghana!  Muslims everywhere. That’s the main (and just about the only) religion here in Tamale.  So it’s going to be interesting.  Tamale (pronounced tah-mah-lay) is a super nice place though! We have a natural water heater!!! Sun, sun, sun ahaha! The Sun here is so hot! It's not even the hot season yet!

Tamale

My new companion is Elder Barnum a super chill guy from sunny San Diego.  He likes to work super hard and he’s a consecrated missionary! I'm excited to see what Tamale will bring us! 

Contacting here is not easy with this different language up here.  They speak Dagbani (sounds like dog-bwani).  The key is just to start talking about Christ. His Divinity!  Muslims believe that Jesus Christ is real, like a prophet... just not that he’s actually the Christ! The Son of God!  It's mind blowing for a Mormon boy from Utah!  But yeah, just seeing how they respond will tell you if we can teach them.  If they allow the missionaries to teach them, we have to go and interview them!  So we do a lot of interviews just to see if everyone will be safe during the lessons and all that.  So yeah Tamale is basically a different mission altogether!  It’s not tropical anymore but more Savanna desert type. 

This week I was able to start the Book of Mormon again.  Something that stood out to me was how many times that Nephi and his brothers in those first chapters of the Book of Mormon, bring up the words "Keep the Commandments!"  It reminds me of the primary song!

Keep the Commandments,
Keep the Commandments,
In this there is safety and peace.

Just keep singing it in your mind!
Anyway Tamale is dope haha! I hope everything is cool for everyone! 
Elder Turner

Lounging in the Mission Home

My Companion
Elder Garret, Elder Blanchard and Me





No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...